Lehigh Hanson Swingshift - Equipment Operator (Front End Loader) in Sunol, California
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Sunol-CA
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with large equipment? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Operator to work at our aggregates operation in Sunol, CA. This position will be responsible for the operation of a front end loader.
• Operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Work in all areas of the plant as needed
• Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and company regulations
• Report unsafe conditions
• Report accidents or incidents immediately
• Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and down time
• Perform a daily walk-around inspection and fill out inspection form
• Recognize contaminated material and report unusual conditions to supervisor
• Load a variety of materials to meet legal load limits
• Will operate other heavy equipment and perform maintenance at the plant as required
• Fuel and lube equipment as needed
This position will work the swing shift.
Skills and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Maintenance experience highly desired
• Minimum of four years’ experience operating similar equipment
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Ability to drive for long periods of time
• Frequently lift 10 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Have some mechanical knowledge
This position will be based in Sunol, CA.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled