Lehigh Hanson Logistics Manager in Stockton, California
Line Of Business: Regional Administration
Primary Location: Stockton-CA
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Logistics Manager role is based in Stockton, CA and reports directly to the Region Director Logistics.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
• Research and analyze freight costs and classifications, delivery methods, and delivery schedules to minimize delivery costs and maximize customer satisfaction.
• Develop policies and procedures for logistic processes in order to ensure optimization and compliance with established standards and regulations and company policies
• Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency. Maps all routes and utilizes all backhaul opportunities.
• Negotiate transportation rates and terms. Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation. Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability
• Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems. (KPI’s, including cost per ton per mile, reduction of additional charges including demurrage, surcharges, standby, etc.)
• Plan and implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
• Track Daily Shipments/Inventory Management
• Plan/Revise Import Ship Schedules against inventory draw down
• Work closely with shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding logistics strategies.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
• Recommend purchases of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, purchasing, production, accounting, or shipping.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering, logistics/supply chain management software or related science discipline with 2 - 5 years of experience is preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of the principles and methods for moving goods by rail, water, or over roads, including the relative costs and benefits are necessary.
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet capability and SAP knowledge.
• Problems solving -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
• Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitoring and Controlling Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
• Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others -- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
On May 24, 2021, it was announced that Martin Marietta will acquire this business unit of Lehigh Hanson. The date for the transfer of the business is not yet known, but is anticipated to occur in the 3rd quarter of 2021. Once the transaction closes, employees of Lehigh Hanson in this business unit will become employees of Martin Marietta.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled