Lehigh Hanson Plant Clerk in Scottsburg, Indiana
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Scottsburg-IN
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Plant Clerk role is based in Scottsburg, IN and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What you’ll get to do
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations and with company policies and procedures; as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
• Provide administrative support for plant management
• Compiling, entering, and reporting payroll and production statistics
• Tracking finished goods inventory, equipment utilization, plant costs, and man-hours
• Processing vendor invoices and purchase orders on a daily basis
• Purchasing of parts and safety supplies
• Maintaining fuel inventory and equipment downtime reports
• Daily scale operation for weighing of customer trucks
Essential Experience and Skills
• Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 yr. degree preferred
• Solid organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and flexibility to adapt to changing business situations
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work extended hours and irregular schedules
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Associates degree
• Knowledge of Kronos Timekeeping
• Role operates primarily a professional office environment, but requires conducting business at manufacturing locations and job sites where the conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, and elevated noise levels.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled