Lehigh Hanson Ready Mix Driver - San Diego in San Diego, California
Line Of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Primary Location: San Diego-CA
The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Want to be on solid ground in your career? Be a Ready Mix Driver ! You can’t get anything more concrete than that! As a Ready Mix Driver you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check concrete for quality and size according to ticket; and maintain courteous customer relations.
This position will work in the San Diego area and North County.
Competitive pay and great benefits!
What you’ll get to do:
• Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
• Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
• Perform minor roadside repairs
• Visually inspect mix, slump and verify load sized
• Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
• Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
• Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
• Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents
Who we are looking for:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
• Valid Commercial Driver's License Class A or B
• Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
• Minimum of one-year vehicle road experience operating multi-speed transmission of a Commercial vehicle
• Good driving record
• Valid medical card
• Concrete knowledge and experience preferred
• Mechanical background or skills preferred
• Work Availability - Be available to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday) and occasionally on Sunday. Must be able to drive a maximum of eleven hours per day and work up to 14 hours per day as regulated by the Department of Transportation.
• Solid attendance and punctuality history
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to lift and assemble concrete chutes weighing 50 lbs.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled