Lehigh Hanson Summer Dispatcher in Regina, Saskatchewan
Line Of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Primary Location: Regina-SK
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Dispatcher role is based in Regina.
What you’ll get to do
Reporting to the Lead Dispatcher, this six-month term position will focus on efficient and effective trucking dispatch. This role will also provide front line service and order taking as well as assisting batch plants to increase productivity.
· Monitor and control dispatch and movement of trucks and drivers.
· Responsible for the efficient distribution of concrete and maximization of load sizes.
· Receive customer orders and schedule deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction and transportation efficiencies.
Essential Experience and Skills
· Post-Secondary education preferred: certification, diploma or degree in progress.
· Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated customer service experience.
· Ready mix and/or construction building materials sector experience would be beneficial.
· Knowledge of Regina & surrounding areas
· Advanced communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
.· Strong computer skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
Role operates primarily a professional office environment but is physically located at a batch plant. Conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, and elevated noise levels