Lehigh Hanson Quality Control Technician in McCook, Illinois
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: McCook-IL
Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Quality Control Technician role is based in McCook, IL and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What you’ll get to do
• Validate the proper components and materials are used in testing
• Sample and test raw materials according to specification
• Calibrate, clean and maintain production tools and testing equipment
• Record and report test results to management
• Build and maintain relationships with plant employees and customers
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
Essential Experience and Skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; college or technical degree a plus!
• 1-2 yrs. Quality Control experience in a stone quarry or related industry
• State DOT certification or other nationally recognized certification required (or ability to obtain)
• Demonstrated basic math skills
• Dependability and proven work ethic
• Solid computer skills preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
• Ability to learn computerized analysis equipment
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule including different shifts and overtime when needed
Preferred Experience and Skills
• College degree or technical training/certifications
• Quality Control experience
• Stone quarry or related industry experience
• Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Lehigh Hanson is a drug-free work environment.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled