Lehigh Hanson Utility Person - Irwindale - 3rd shift in Irwindale, California
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Irwindale-CA
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Utility Person for our dredging operations. This position is located in Irwindale, California.
The Utility Person is responsible for assisting the operator with keeping the dredge operating at full capability throughout the entire shift. This position will work the 3rd shift.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
• Conduct a complete pre-and post-shift safety inspection.
• Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
• Provides general clean-up and maintenance on dredge such as greasing and oiling equipment.
• Visually monitor production area for changes with material quality.
• Assist with maintaining dredge availability to meet or exceed planned efficiency goals.
• Ability to perform moderate levels of maintenance and servicing on dredge with little assistance.
• Communicate with Plant Supervisors on all safety and maintenance needs.
• Ability to safely and efficiently operate pick-up truck, work boat, loader, skid steer, man lift and hand tools.
• Ability to diagnose and adjust equipment for optimum performance.
• Assist with dredge repairs.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Prefer high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Language skills – ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• 2 to 3 years of experience in mining or heavy construction environment highly preferred
• Knowledge of and willingness to follow all safety rules and regulations, company, OSHA and MSHA
• Safety oriented individual with a good safety record.
• Flexibility with work hours required.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crawl, climb, and descend ladders and stairs. Ability to work in confined spaces.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
At Lehigh Hanson, we believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth. Lehigh Hanson’s comprehensive package of compensation and benefit programs reflect this belief. We strive to develop competitive pay programs that will attract, motivate, retain and reward employees.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled