Lehigh Hanson Diesel Mechanic - Campbell Concrete - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Line Of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Primary Location: Houston-TX
Pay Class: Hourly
Lehigh Hanson is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic 2 to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
• Repairing and replacing damaged or worn parts on Class 6, 7 and 8 vehicles.
• Dismantling and reassembling heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
• Operating and inspecting trucks to diagnose defects.
• Testing mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on trucks.
• Reading and understanding operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Overhauling and testing trucks to ensure operating efficiency.
• Correcting vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Diagnosing faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
• Examining parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
• Maintaining repair and service records.
• Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
• Repair DOT and Safety related deficiencies on the spot.
• Follow and adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct.
• Log time to all assigned individual tasks and RO’s in TMT or other CMMS systems accurately.
• Be able to travel from site to site and to handle mobile call outs to assist with emergency breakdowns and on the spot repairs.
• Must meet Companies requirements for employment
• Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information in English Language
• Knowledge and Familiarity with all aspects of mobile equipment repair/maintenance desired
• A minimum of five (5) years mobile equipment repair experience, desired; or a combination of education and experience.
• Work with limited supervision
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a CDL Class A or B is preferred
• Must possess basic hand tools for the position and upgrade such tools as required to complete the tasks assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Occasional exposure to inclement weather
• Works in, on top of, and under equipment in tiring and uncomfortable positions frequently bending, stretching, crouching, and squatting for up to 10 + hours a Shift.
• Exerting 35 to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 35 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Work various changing shifts pending on business demands.
• Employees are subject to drafts, noise, dust, heat, fumes, dirt, and grease.
• Employee must wear safety steal toe boots and other safety/protective items such as Hard/Bump hats, safety glasses, and other PPE that task may dictate.
• 60 Day trial/probationary period may be required.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment physical evaluation.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug screen.
Benefits & Compensation:
At Lehigh Hanson, we believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth. Lehigh Hanson’s comprehensive package of compensation and benefit programs reflect this belief. We strive to develop competitive pay programs that will attract, motivate, retain and reward employees.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled