Lehigh Hanson Sales Representative in Goleta, California
Line Of Business: Concrete
Primary Location: Goleta-CA
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Sales Representative role is based in Goleta, CA and reports directly to the Area General Manager.
This position will be responsible for selling and technical assistance for Ready Mix Concrete products within the San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara county markets while focusing on growing prospective customers to increase market share and improving profit margins.
What you’ll get to do
• Selling budgeted amount of Ready Mix Concrete and related products within the San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara County markets.
• Generating bid documents and specifications to effectively prepare bid packages and quotes
• Maintain accurate forecasts through formal backlog reporting
• Targeting and acquiring new accounts and maintaining existing accounts by strengthening customer relationships
• Work with customers and credit function to optimize accounts receivable
• Develop and maintain strategic analysis of customer base, competition, and marketplace
• Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures
including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance, etc.
• Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
• Represent Lehigh Hanson in industry associations
Essential Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
• 3-5 years sales experience or related experience in the construction-materials industry
• Goal and results oriented with the ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills, emphasis in Time Management
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with construction materials, processes and equipment, knowledge of Cal Trans specifications
• Familiarity with San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Aggregates/HMA/RMC markets, competitors, and existing/potential customer base
• Role operates primarily a professional office environment, but requires conducting business at manufacturing locations and job sites where the conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, and elevated noise levels.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled