Lehigh Hanson Inside Sales Representative in Edmonton, Alberta
Line Of Business: Cement Sales
Primary Location: Edmonton-AB
Lehigh Cement is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Cement is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Lehigh Cement is seeking a qualified Inside Sales Representative which will reside in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager this position will be responsible receiving and processing of cement and fly ash sales orders. This opportunity is perfect for the sales professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. While focusing on growing existing and prospective customers to increase market share and improving profit margins, you will begin your career with a proven leader in the cement and construction materials industry.
What you'll get to do:
• Leads the order process assuring accurate, courteous, and timely scheduling and data input of customer phone, online, and email orders.
• Work with carriers to schedule and dispatch delivery to customers on an on time basis.
• Ensure all incidents or issues regarding quality, customer complaints or delivery are entered into database.
• Prioritize customer needs to provide superior customer service and support.
• Develop and maintain customer relationships.
• Work closely with sales department in identifying customer needs and wants.
Essential Experience and Skills:
• Minimum high school diploma. Preference will be given to candidates whom possess a post-secondary education.
• Excellent customer relations and communication skills.
• Problem solver with an aptitude for focusing on customer requirements.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to work independently as required and under time and scheduling pressures.
• Knowledge of the trucking industry.
• Strong organizational skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
CDM Order Management experience is an asset.
Previous administration or inside sales experience an asset
Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions. We are a drug free work environment.
What we have to offer
Competitive base salary
Highly competitive benefits programs
Pension plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions