Lehigh Hanson Shipping and Quality Associate in Cupertino, California
Line Of Business: Cement Operations
Primary Location: Cupertino-CA
Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Shipping and Quality Associate role is based in Cupertino, CA and reports directly to the Site General Manager.
What you’ll get to do
• Operate scales to weigh and ticket customer trucks.
• Checking in trucks and monitoring automated loading system using computer and visual displays
• Communicate, interact and direct truck drivers
• Provide adequate information to ensure smooth flow of trucks through loading process
• Interact with loadout and plant personnel via phone and/or plant 2 way radio
• Perform daily clerical work as needed
• Sample Aggregate Materials.
• Perform moisture content testing on aggregates.
• Keep records and submit reports of aggregate testing. Maintain testing equipment at assigned laboratory facilities in proper working order.
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental legislation, regulations, and company policies and procedures. Report any unsafe condition, accidents, or incidents to supervisor immediately.
• Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
• Will be required to work some Saturdays, Nights / Early Mornings.
• Regular and on-time attendance expected.
Essential Experience and Skills
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Proficient computer skills, primarily MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.), and the ability to learn new software.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to understand oral and written instructions relating to job duties.
• Experience in resolving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, with minimal supervision.
• Solid Math skills
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours as needed
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Dependability and proven work ethic
• Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled