Lehigh Hanson Plant Assistant - Canby OR in Canby, Oregon
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Canby-OR
Cadman Materials is currently looking for a responsible, safe, and dependable Plant Assistant to join our local team. As a Plant Assistant you will support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to use different skills every day as you learn the aggregate industry and fill in for vacancies in various areas of our plant.
Who We Are:
Cadman Materials is part of the Lehigh Hanson group of companies. Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects. At Lehigh Hanson, we believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth.
· Training and development
· Opportunities for advancement
· OT available
What You’ll Get to Do:
· Maintain cleanliness of plant work areas
· Assist with plant tasks including lubrication, maintenance, repairs
· Transport materials to and from storage and shop areas
· Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; assist with physical inspections of plant property/departments.
Who We’re Looking For:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Previous experience in an open pit mine is an asset
· Ability to learn plant mobile equipment
· Desire to work cooperatively as part of a productive team
· Ability to work safely, and independently without constant supervision
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Capable of learning through on the job training
· Able to work inside and outside in year-round weather conditions
· Able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs., sit and stand for extended periods of time, kneel, climb ladders, and walk on varied terrain
· Ability to work different extended hours, holidays and/or overtime required
· Union membership is required upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled