Lehigh Hanson Mine Supervisor - Coyote Springs in Boardman, Oregon
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Boardman-OR
This position manages safety, quality, cost and production for our Coyote Springs operation. Reporting to the Area Operations Manager, this position provides leadership for employees and customers and carries out company goals, achieves targets and mining plans for operations at Coyote Springs.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Candidates must have clearly demonstrated strong leadership characteristics, planning and scheduling skills necessary to successfully manage a 600kt/year Sand and Gravel operation
• Effectively and proactively administer Lehigh Hanson’s safety program ensuring compliance with MSHA rules and regulations, including but not limited to root cause analysis, develop and share best practices, train employees to identify and address potential hazards.
• Manage direct reports under the guidelines of Lehigh Hanson HR Policies and Procedures.
• Instill a culture of continuous improvement. Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, track improvement progress and quantify financial impacts, encourage and reward behaviors that progress a culture of innovation and improvement.
• Experience managing a P&L is a must. Detailed monthly financial progress updates, accuracy in budgeting cost forecasting and production by product forecasting are integral to our success.
• Coordination with sales and quality control are critical. Inventory accounting accuracy and gradation analysis are expected on a continuous basis.
• Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner, accurately track and record key performance indicators, troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
• Establish key inventoried items needed for all MRO (maintenance, repair and operation) items for the plant, and effectively interact with governmental and regulatory agencies, customers, vendors, Lehigh Hanson management, and neighbors as required.
• Bachelor's degree with mining-related discipline or the equivalent in relevant work experience
• At least 5 years of quarry management experience with prior P/L responsibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Experience managing and leading a Unionised workforce
• Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated ability to impact safe working practices
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled