PLC Maintenance Technician
Auto req ID 752BR
Hanson Building Products, a division of Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified PLC Maintenance Technician for its Grand Prairie, TX location.
The PLC Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of production equipment and troubleshooting and repair of automated equipment.
* People – Learn and grow as a Hanson employee to continuously improve the health, safety and welfare for all Hanson stakeholders.
* Customer Service – Provide Hanson customers with a high quality product and excellent customer service.
* Environment – Enhance the quality of people’s live on a daily basis inside our company and out. By continuously striving to improve our safety culture, reduce waste in processes and improve the quality of each step of our process we will improve our environment.
Hanson Building Products North America is comprised of Pipe & Precast, Pressure Pipe, Structural Precast,Brick and Roof Tile. Based in Irving, Texas, Hanson Building Products North America employs approximately 4,000 people and operates 120 facilities with products available throughout the U.S. and Canada. One of Hanson Building Products' corporate strategies is continued focus on sustainability. The company is known throughout North America for excellent occupational safety, environmental stewardship, high quality standards and contributions to its local communities.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. HeidelbergCement Group employs 54,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
* Follow all safety rules.
* Responsible for all maintenance logs are being filled out and insuring that all issues on the logs are addressed
* Working with others, lead the development of preventative maintenance plans for all plant equipment.
* Provide direction and assistance to all machine operators and other mechanics to assure all periodic maintenance is done correctly.
* Assist in training of personnel involved with performing maintenance of all plant equipment.
* Maintain an orderly filing system for the plant maintenance department.
* Responsible to assure all maintenance documents and inspection records are filed in an orderly manner.
* Gain full competency of maintenance of automated pipe manufacturing equipment.
* Gain a good understanding of operation of automated pipe manufacturing equipment.
* Assure that the required equipment inspections on mobile equipment, cranes, production equipment, etc. are completed.
* Participate with the entire Hanson team to create a safe, clean, productive working environment.
* Establish and maintain a well organized shop area.
* Establish and maintain parts inventory system that will assure necessary parts are on hand to keep plant operational.
* Must be willing to do other duties as assigned.
* Degree in one of the two fields Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
* 5 years support and troubleshooting experience with PLC equipment (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron)
* 2 years experience programming PLC ladder logic within the last 5 years
* Can read and draw machine/electrical schematics (Must have worked with CAD for 5 years)
* 5 years experience with Variable Frequency Drives
* 5 years experience with automated machines and a expert understanding of all related devices including but not limited to AC/DC Drives, prox, photo eye’s and transducers
* Working knowledge of Window’s xp, word, excel and outlook
* Have math aptitude for measurements, calibrations and comprehension of a variety of testing and diagnostic equipment
* Be available for emergency service during off hours
* Bilingual English/Spanish would be helpful but not required
* Be able to setup min/max order system for parts
* Military experience preferred but not required
* Have compliment of tools necessary for high level maintenance tasks.
* Have good mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic aptitude
* Experience managing maintenance department
* Have the ability to work well with others and provide positive leadership.
* Have a desire to participate in the overall effort to keep all operations running smoothly and cleanly.
* Must be willing to follow all safety procedures.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Lehigh Hanson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will commensurate your work experience.
No Search Firms please.
Primary Location Grand Prairie-TX