Corporate Process Engineer
Auto req ID 786BR
This position provides Process Engineering support to the Cement plants across NAM. Key responsibilities include
Manufacturing Technologies– Participate with plant and HTC management in developing capital / investment projects for milling/grinding/pyroprocessing equipment; such as equipment layout, process design, cost analysis and potential option analysis. Be knowledgeable and up to date in new technologies available for cement manufacturing.
Production Support– Conduct and consult with operations personnel with respect to improving and increasing the efficiency of raw material, coal and clinker grinding systems. Conduct and consult with operations with respect to clinker production, pyroprocessing process engineering (preheater, kiln & clinker cooler), refractory usage, burner development, environmental protection and alternate material/fuel usage to increase efficiencies, reduce energy costs and minimize downtime
Data Collection- Perform data gathering and calculating of heat and material balances on pyroprocessing and grinding equipment. From the information gathered, direct the engineers, both HTC and plant, in proposing and implementing solutions to the inefficiencies discovered.
Process Evaluation– Assess plant processes to identify technical problems / limitations while developing cost effective technical and operational solutions to solve these issues with respect to the equipment, equipment modifications or process modifications.
Equipment Selection– Create specifications for the purchase of equipment and equipment modifications. Review manufacturer’s equipment specifications and performance guarantees for comparison to Lehigh’s needs. Analyze and assist in selecting the proper equipment to yield the lowest environmental impact.
Equipment Start-up & Performance– Lead commissioning, start-up and performance testing of newly installed and/or modified equipment along with plant personnel.
Environmental Protection– Assist in analyzing and avoiding environmental issues that occur during everyday operations at our cement facilities. Supply technical solutions to alleviate non-compliance issues, ensuring that compliance can be maintained on a long term basis.
* Training– Assist in developing and delivering training courses related to milling and grinding design, calculations and heat balances for Process Engineers, EITs and other plant personnel.
Skills and Requirements
· University/College degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree.
· Minimum of five years of process design engineering, employee training and practical field experience in commissioning and plant auditing within the cement producing industry.
· Knowledge of cement chemistry, cement manufacturing, related processes and equipment.
· Knowledge of quality control methods, laboratory equipment and its calibration for ground materials in the cement industry.
· Detailed knowledge of design and sizing of material transport, flow measurement and dosing devices as used in the cement producing industry.
· Continuous improvement of knowledge regarding process, process measuring equipment and cost optimization methods by using international resources.
· Ability to travel.
· Ability to work as a team member, as well as individually, on complex issues while using TQA tools.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
Primary Location Allentown-PA